Friday, January 15, 2010

I just completed my first screenplay. It's titled " The Little Black Dress". It was inspired by a true story of my one sewing triumph, creating the perfect little black dress while between collges when I went to live with my parents the year I turned 19 after living with my grandmother in Texas since I was seven. My Baptist minister father was upset when I wore the dress to church because it accentuated my then almost non-existent cleavage. My dress disappeared and I've never sewn another garment nor been satisfied with any other black dresses. In the screenplay, my character has flashbacks about that incident and other related past events while covering The Black Dress Charity Ball in Toledo in 2005. It's a very short script, but I enjoyed writing it and can't wait to work on my next one wihich is about 2012.

No comments: